“I have got to get the word out.” thought Tom. “I have so much to offer and have so much passion where do I start?” he said to himself.
Tom has just started his online business and is “stuck in the mud” with internet marketing for small business.
He has SO many ideas that are swimming around in his head, but where to start?
How about with back links…that is a great starting point.
A client of mine once said to me “I do not care about how many back links I have, I just need sales.”
Ok…well how do you feel about that?
Do you really care about backlinks?
You should! They are a big reason people find you faster online.
People need to find you for your business to become successful… Well do you have the energy to go on Google and search till you get to page 16 to find what you are looking for? HECK NO!!!
You are going to look on page 1 possibly 2 and if you are felling frisky page 3. Well if you are not on page 1,2 or 3 the chances of you getting much traffic is slim for sure!
Back links are what help you get to moving up in the Google page ranking faster. Yes being number 1 is great but what if you can be number 1,3,5 and so on? Complete domination is what that means. (For great tips and tricks on how to dominate the Google search engine make sure you sign up for our news letter)
One GREAT way of getting back links is commenting on other blog posts that are posting about the same “keywords” you are.
Here are some simple steps to accomplish getting back links:
- Pick one of your keywords
- Place that keyword in the Google search bar
- Then hit search
- You want to narrow down your search by date (what good does it do if all the blogs are a year or more old?)
- Select the more button on the left hand side
- Click on Blog
- Scroll down to the area that says Anytime, past year, etc.
- Select either past week (best option) or past month
- After clicking that you will see a number of other blogs to go leave comments on
- Choose a blog to leave a comment on that you feel you and your “perfect prospect” will relate to or would be drawn to read
- then leave a comment on their site
- Make sure that you leave something thoughtful not just “hey, nice blog post”, put some thought into it
- Also make sure that you leave a link back to your post that had the same keyword (DO NOT place a link of just any old post…it really does matter!)
- Then wait for it to get approved (make sure you are documenting where you are leaving comments)
This is a GREAT way to get back links and create relationships all at once! You see…if you do not have deep back links it will take longer to get the traffic you need and over all longer to make sales. They work hand in hand.
Megan Gasser (The SEO Powerhouse)
P.S. Need new ideas on how to make your internet business more successful?
Make sure you click Here to sign up for our newsletter.